Sphere: Easy interaction with Libplanet-based blockchains using JavaScript

Sphere is a set of JavaScript libraries to help you write an application without dealing with cryptographical details and private key handling.

Installing

Sphere consists of two types of packages: one for signing the transaction and another one which you choose for storage of the private key. In this documentation, we will focus on @planetarium/account-local to reuse your game keypairs, but you can choose to use anything provided by Planetarium.

To continue, run:

$ npm i @planetarium/sign @planetarium/account-local

Or use your favourite package manager.

Initializing the account

Let’s start by creating an account instance representing a key pair that can sign a given data. For example, in the case of @planetarium/account-local, you need to read the list of the accounts using listAccounts and get an account instance via getAccountFrom.

// Javascript
import { listAccounts, getAccountFrom } from "@planetarium/account-local";
import { getEncodedPublicKey } from "@planetarium/sign";

// default path of account-local keystore is same as 9c
// https://devforum.nine-chronicles.com/t/file-paths-used-on-nine-chronicles/57
const accounts = await listAccounts();
// Use first one appeared in the list
const account = await getAccountFrom(accounts[0], "your passphrase"); 

console.log(await getEncodedPublicKey(account))

Execute your script with node.js and the public key to sign your transaction should be printed.

Crafting your first transaction

You can easily craft a transaction using the actionTxQuery, which creates a transaction with an action you’d like to execute. Let’s try stake for example. you can try any working RPC node. we will use 9c-main-rpc-9.

query {
  actionTxQuery(publicKey: "public key printed earlier") {
    stake(amount: 10)
  }
}

This will give you a transaction which is hexadecimal-encoded. We can now sign this using the account we initialized earlier:

// Javascirpt
import { signTransaction } from "@planetarium/sign";

console.log(await signTransaction("hexidecimal tx created earlier"))

You should get your signed transaction, which can be staged using stageTransaction mutation on GraphQL.

mutation {
  stageTransaction(payload: "The signed transaction here")
}

After submitting this successfully, you should have your TxId. Well done!

1 Like

I think some additional info can help readers.

1. Can you describe the location to input GQL query and get transaction? I know about this so I can recognize which one is GQL and which one is JS script but other readers can confuse reading the article.
  2. Can you add a caption(e.g., sample file name) to code block which should be written in file and run? At first glance, JS codeblock can be recognized as console input.

think some additional info can help readers.

1. Can you describe the location to input GQL query and get transaction? I know about this so I can recognize which one is GQL and which one is JS script but other readers can confuse reading the article.
  2. Can you add a caption(e.g., sample file name) to code block which should be written in file and run? At first glance, JS codeblock can be recognized as console input.

Fixed.

1 Like